Wardrobe Place, St Pauls
In the shadow of St Paul’s Cathedral lie a cluster of idiosyncratic buildings, arranged around a cobbled courtyard on what was once the site of the Royal Wardrobe which dates back to the 1360′s. The original buildings were destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666 but gradually rebuilt over the Georgian and Victorian era. The buildings, many of them Grade II listed will now be converted to house ninety apartments and a single townhouse.
Hudson & Mercer have been commissioned by owner, British Land, to develop the space planning and interior architecture for the scheme, working with executive architects, Paul Davis + Partners and sales advisers, CBRE.